The town and the camp. Oranienburg and Sachsenhausen concentration camp

 - a permanent exhibition in 'Tower E'.

The eighth of the thirteen planned permanent exhibitions is located in an old watch tower on the northern tip of the triangular shaped camp.

In eight 'sight and sound rooms', the exhibition investigates exactly what the population of Oranienburg knew about the concentration camp located in their town between 1936 and 1945 and how they behaved towards the prisoners.

The exhibition shows that amongst the population, there were onlookers, people who acted indifferently, collaborators, people who profited from the camp, but also others who helped the prisoners or were opponents of the National Socialists. The exhibition provides an insight into people's daily lives under a dictatorship and shows the scope that existed for them under the National Socialist regime.

Detailed information will be provided shortly.